This month, the Hartford Symphony Orchestra Family Series brings their Instrument Petting Zoo to Hill-Stead!
- Kids will have a blast trying out dozens of musical instruments from the violin and the saxophone to the tuba and the glockenspiel.
- The Hartford Symphony String Quartet will perform from 2 to 3 pm inside the historic house, and kids can see and hear up-close the Zoo instruments played by the pros!
- This event is open to the public and all activities are included in the cost of admission to the Museum. Hill-Stead Museum Members are FREE. Not a member? Join Today!.
Take part in these First Sundays for Families activities!
- Museum Educators will lead art projects in the Education Stations at 1 pm. Free self-serve crafts for all ages and Explorer Backpacks will also be available during regular museum hours from April through October.
- Self-guided tours run from 1 to 4 pm. Browse the collection at your own pace and engage in the ever-popular scavenger hunt challenge.
- Romp in Hill-Stead’s own natural playground of hiking trails, gardens and walking paths.
- Purchase a treasure in our Museum Shop, stocked with art supplies, toys, children’s books and much more.
For a list of upcoming dates, see First Sundays for Families.
Free with Museum Membership or Admission.
Thank you to our sponsor