Hill-Stead Museum presents the three-part musical series, L’Affaire Musicale – From Page to Stage: Selections from Broadway’s Early Musicals in conjunction with the special exhibition, From Page to Stage: Broadway Costumes from the Goodspeed Musicals Collection. Each evening features live performances of Broadway hits from the years the Pope family resided at Hill-Stead.
This evening’s performance features Tim Stella and Friends: Ali Ewoldt (The Phantom of the Opera, The King and I, Les Miserables), Rodney Ingram (The Phantom of the Opera), Florence Lacey (Hello, Dolly!, Evita, Les Miserables), Soprano Kathleen Callahan-Hardman, WNPR’s Ray Hardman, and cellist Kaila Piscitelli.
5:30 pm Wine and hors d’oeuvres
6:30 pm Musical performance
Registration Information for L’Affaire Musicale
- $45 Museum members and Let’s Go Arts (LGA) members; $55 Non-members
- Space in the historic Drawing Room is limited. Reserve your seats today!
- Additional performances on September 29 & October 17.
On view from September 21, 2017 – January 1, 2018
This special exhibition of Broadway costumes throughout the historic house is on view from September 21 through January 1, 2018. It honors the Pope Family’s enjoyment of literature, poetry and live performances, particularly theater and opera.
The time period of the shows featured mirror the years 1901 to 1946 when the Pope family resided in Farmington and features vignettes of costumes with accessories and archival ephemera. View magnificent costumes from show such as Showboat, Anything Goes, Pirates of Penzance, Carousel, and Kiss Me, Kate, as well as lesser-known productions. Original theater programs on loan from the American Musical Theater Collection at Yale University Library and period sound recordings will add an extra dimension to this unique experience throughout the museum.
From Page to Stage Costume Tours will be offered each week on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11:15 am, 12:15 pm and 1:15 pm; or by special appointment.
- Advanced tickets are required to guarantee a spot on each tour. Walk-ins will be welcomed based on availability.
- Tickets for costume-focused tours and our regular house tours, Highlights of Hill-Stead, can be purchased separately or at a discounted combo price. Visitors who purchase a combo ticket can choose to do both tours on a single day, or return for the second type of tour on a later date. Hill-Stead Highlights tours are offered Tuesday through Sunday year-round. Learn about our tours.
September 29, October 17, November 3
As part of this costume exhibition, Hill-Stead Museum presents a three-part musical series featuring live performances of Broadway hits during the years the Pope family resided at Hill-Stead.