Celebrate Spring at Hill-Stead’s May Market!
New Format, New Finds, Rain or Shine
Now one weekend before Mother’s Day — Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7, from 10 am to 4 pm.
- Hill-Stead Museum’s signature “home, garden and gourmet” event features premium exhibitors, rare and unusual plants, live entertainment, children’s activities, gourmet food, Hops & Vines: a Tasting in the Garden, demonstrations and open house tours of Hill-Stead’s Impressionist masterpieces.
- A perennial favorite, May Market earned “Editor’s Choice – Top 20 Event” designation from Yankee Magazine in both 2014 and 2015.
- Use your two-day ticket to shop for Mom while finding fun, fresh updates for the patio, garden, kitchen and more. May Market supports HIll-Stead’s beautiful grounds, gardens and trails.
Two-Day Admission Tickets
$15 advance/on-line, $20 at the gate, free for children under 18.
May Market 2017
- May Market will host dozens of premium exhibitors in a large festival tent on the west lawn and throughout the historic buildings and grounds. See the list of May Market Exhibitors.
- Hill-Stead volunteers will offer their fine selection of unique perennials sourced from leading local nurseries, Hill-Stead’s own Sunken Garden and gardening friends.
- New this year, Theodate’s Gallery—a booth for art lovers—selling a variety of donated artwork at very attractive prices. Learn more about donating artwork here: Theodate’s Attic & Gallery Donations
- Treasure hunters should visit Theodate’s Attic for a large selection of donated linens, glassware, gardening books, jewelry and more.
- Learn all about pollinator gardens from Nancy DuBrule-Clemente of Natureworks, Northford, CT. As the owner of Natureworks, Nancy has been educating gardeners about organic and ecologically-friendly methods since 1983.
- Floral, interior and architectural designer May Ann Haar will demonstrate how to use new, environmentally-friendly materials in floral design. Mary Ann’s original, inventive work features seasonal resourced materials from nature.
- In the House & Through the Garden’s Thomas Mach will host a Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan demonstration. In the House & Through the Garden is a home interiors boutique located in Simsbury.
Hops & Vines, a Tasting in the Garden (21+ Event)
Saturday, May 6, 12 to 4 pm – Wine and craft beer tasting, music by the Alex Butterworth Trio
Sunday, May 7, 12 to 4 pm – Distilleries tasting
- May Market admission includes a free tasting of some of Connecticut’s most popular and up-and-coming wineries, craft breweries and distilleries!
- Organized by Hill-Stead’s Impressionists Council, a young professionals group whose members share a love of art, culture and philanthropy.
Saturday, May 6, 11:00 am
- Farmington High School Oriana Singers
Sunday, May 7, 1:30 to 3:30pm
- Plywood Cowboy – Sunday, May 7, 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Formed in 2015 in the Connecticut River Valley, Plywood Cowboy is poised to rewrite the American Songbook. Bottle fed on roots music, multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter Steve Dedman and his band strike deep at the soul of American music with songs about hound dogs, heart strings, and the vice of the bottle. “With great harmonies, clever songs, and tasty guitar pickin’, Plywood Cowboy is one of the best new bands on the Americana scene.” – Chris Bergson, NY Blue Hall of Fame Inductee
Saturday & Sunday, 11am to 3 pm
- May Market offers a full schedule of children’s activities including free Mother’s Day gift-making, a scavenger hunt, a visit with Hill-Stead’s lambs, kid-friendly food and live music
- The Bee’s Knees of Avon, CT will offer a wonderful selection of freshly-prepared food to May Market shoppers, including special selections for children.
- Chet’s Italian Ice will return with their delicious small-batch ices in a dizzying array of flavors.
- Best of Connecticut winner Plum Brook Chocolate will sell artisan chocolate in Hill-Stead’s Closed Garage venue.
- Hill-Steader volunteers will sell amazing home-baked goods.
- Farmington favorite Culteavo will serve tea on Hill-Stead’s historic Veranda.
Inside the Museum
- Tour the museum at your leisure to learn about the museum’s masterpieces with a printed program and Museum guides in each room to answer questions
- Linger over famous paintings by Monet, Manet, Degas, Whistler and Mary Cassatt
- Art lovers and experts alike will delight in seeing these masterpieces in their beautifully appointed, historic setting.
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors
Exhibitors: May Market 2017 is fully booked, but we are building lists for Holiday Boutique (December 2 & 3), Pop-up Shop opportunities and May Market 2018. To join our exhibitor list, please contact Kirsten Fuchs, firstname.lastname@example.org.