Celebrate the Arrival of Spring!
Saturday, May 6 & Sunday, May 7
10 am to 5 pm
May Market is Hill-Stead Museum’s highly popular “home, garden and gourmet” benefit event featuring premium exhibitors, rare and unusual plants, live entertainment, children’s activities, gourmet food, and a museum open house!
One of the Farmington Valley’s finest and longest-running springtime celebrations, May Market has welcomed new and returning visitors to Hill-Stead’s beautiful grounds for more than 30 years. A perennial favorite, May Market earned “Editor’s Choice – Top 20 Event” designation from Yankee Magazine in both 2014 and 2015.
May Market has been raising essential operating funds to help care for the circa 1901 Colonial Revival home, priceless art collection and beautiful gardens and grounds for more than 30 years.
Two-day admission tickets: $15 advance/on-line, $20 at the gate, children under 18 are FREE.
New for 2017
Hops & Vines, a Tasting in the Garden (21+ Event)
Saturday, May 6, 12 to 4 pm – Wine and craft beer tasting
Sunday, May 7, 12 to 4 pm – Distilleries tasting
- May Market admission includes a free tasting of some of Connecticut’s most popular and up-and-coming wineries, craft breweries and distilleries!
- Brought to us by Hill-Stead’s Impressionists Council, a young professionals group who share a love of art, culture and philanthropy.
Preview Party in a New Shopping Space!
Friday, May 5, 7 to 9 pm
- Enjoy a glass of bubbly in the historic Makeshift Theater while shopping premium exhibitors
- This event supports Hill-Stead’s grounds, gardens and trails.
- The Makeshift Theater is climate controlled and offers visitors yet another comfortable shopping environment.
- For more information, see May Market Preview Party
- A new shop for art lovers selling a variety of donated artwork at very attractive prices.
- Learn more about donating artwork here: Theodate’s Attic & Gallery Donations
- Plywood Cowboy – Sunday, May 7, 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Formed in 2015 in the Connecticut River Valley, Plywood Cowboy is poised to rewrite the American Songbook. Bottle fed on roots music, multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter Steve Dedman and his band strike deep at the soul of American music with songs about hound dogs, heart strings, and the vice of the bottle. “With great harmonies, clever songs, and tasty guitar pickin’, Plywood Cowboy is one of the best new bands on the Americana scene.” – Chris Bergson, NY Blue Hall of Fame Inductee
- May Market offers a full schedule of children’s activities from 11am-3pm both days, including free Mother’s Day gift-making, a scavenger hunt, a visit with Hill-Stead’s lambs, kid-friendly food and live music.
- Learn about pollinator gardens from Natureworks.
- Dozens of premium exhibitors
- A fine selection of unique perennials sourced from leading local nurseries, Hill-Stead’s own Sunken Garden and gardening friends.
- Treasures from Theodate’s Attic including donated linens, artwork, glassware, gardening books, to jewelry and more.
- The Bee’s Knees will offer a wonderful selection of freshly-prepared food to May Market shoppers.
Inside the Museum
- A unique opportunity for visitors to tour the museum at their own pace with Guides available in each room to answer questions.
- Time to linger over famous paintings by celebrated artists such as Monet, Manet, Whistler, and Mary Cassatt which cannot be seen anywhere other than Hill-Stead.
- Art lovers and experts alike will delight in seeing these masterpieces in their beautifully appointed, historic setting.
Interested in becoming an exhibitor?
Email Kirsten Fuchs, firstname.lastname@example.org.