Welcome to the Sunken Garden Poetry Festival!
As you enjoy the festival, you will notice Access areas near the front of the main stage. These areas are reserved for people with disabilities, their families and others who need assistance. We also have many volunteers in these areas and around the site to offer assistance to anyone who requests it. We follow the spirit of the ADA and assume that everyone is independent and will ask for whatever help is necessary. Simply ask any Festival Volunteer and they will notify us of your need.
ASL Interpreters (depending on their availability) also provide access by interpreting for performers on the main stage. Poetry Festival Prelude Interviews and writing workshops are interpreted upon request, in advance. Requests can be made by emailing email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Services available at the Sunken Garden Poetry Festival for people with disabilities:
- Volunteers to assist you in getting around the festival site and with other needs that may arise.
- Wheelchair ramps are available.
- Designated Access area near the front of the main stage.
- Refrigerator on-site for medications or other items that need refrigeration (inquire at the HSM Membership table).
- ASL interpreters (depending on their availability) for performances on the main stage.
- Large print programs book.
- Accessible parking near the Sunken Garden entrance.
- Locations to plug in and charge your power chair or scooter.
- A wheelchair to borrow, free of charge, at the festival site.