Tour the museum at your own pace to see the Impressionist masterpieces Dancers in Pink, Jockeys and The Tub by Edgar Degas. Children ages 3 to 6 can listen to books about dancers and horses during Storytime in the Makeshift Theater. Young artists can make dancer and jockey stick puppets to take home!
Families are invited to explore Hill-Stead and enjoy these Discovery Days activities
- Hands-on art projects for families in the lobby.
- Explorer Backpacks will also be available during regular museum hours from April through October.
- Self-guided tours run from 1 to 4 pm. Browse the collection at your own pace and engage in the ever-popular scavenger hunt challenge.
- Enjoy beautiful melodies on the Steinway piano as you tour the house between 1 and 4 pm.
- Romp in Hill-Stead’s own natural playground of hiking trails, gardens and walking paths.
- Purchase a treasure in our Museum Shop, stocked with art supplies, toys, children’s books and much more.
Free with Museum admission or membership.
Not a member?