There’s always something new to discover on First Sundays for Families
Looking for something interesting and different to do with your family? Bring them to Hill-Stead Museum on the first Sunday of every month!
- Tap into your inner-artist with the museum’s art supplies and activities in the Education Station—free to ALL museum visitors!
- Check out an Explorer Backpack, equipped with magnifying glasses, binoculars, bird guides and more (please inquire at the Museum Shop).
- Self-guided “open house” tours run from 1 to 4 pm. Browse the collection at your own pace.
- Engage in the ever-popular scavenger hunt challenge.
- Enjoy beautiful melodies on the Steinway piano in the museum’s Drawing Room.
- Romp in Hill-Stead’s own natural playground of hiking trails, gardens and walking paths—open year round!
- Purchase a treasure in our Museum Shop, stocked with art supplies, toys, children’s books and much more.
FREE with Museum Membership or Admission.
Not a member? JOIN NOW!
For a list of upcoming dates, see First Sundays for Families.