April 6 & 7
10 am to 4 pm
A Taste of Spring at Hill-Stead!
Fabulous, fragrant, fresh floral arrangements created by local designers will be on view around with floral demonstrations happening throughout the weekend. Join us for self-paced tours on Saturday and Sunday.
Hill-Stead Museum is excited to announce that thirteen floral designers have been selected to exhibit their work.
- Haworth’s Flowers & Gifts of Farmington
- One Fine Day of Avon
- Eddy Farm of Newington
- Lucky You Flowers of Simsbury
- Muddy Feet Flowers of Ashford
- DeVars-Phillips Florist and Antiques of Hartford
- Farmington Garden Club
- Vine & Ivy Flowers of Suffield
- Sarah Worden Natural Design of Litchfield
- Betsy Gibson Design Floral & Home of Weston, MA
- Brierley, Johnson Florist of Kensington
- A Special Place of West Hartford
- The Greater Hartford Bonsai Society will display a living specimen of the ancient horticultural art form during Rooms in Bloom weekend.
The Joyce Coughlin Award for Floral Design—a $1,500 prize for excellence and beauty in floral design—will be awarded by a jury to one designer during Rooms in Bloom.
The People’s Choice Award—a $500 prize—will be awarded to the designer who receives the highest number of votes cast by visitors during Rooms in Bloom weekend
April 5, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
Museum Members | $10
All Others | $15
TPR Members | Free
Into the Garden, by Christian Peltenburg-Brechneff
A sneak preview of new work by artist Christian Peltenburg-Brechneff will be on view throughout Rooms in Bloom weekend in the historic house. Christian’s floral and garden paintings will be featured in an exhibition at Hill-Stead later this year. His new art book, Into the Garden, will be published in June by Glitterati Editions and features a forward by Bunny Williams.