July 23 to 27
9 am to 12 pm
Play Like the Popes!
Hill‐Stead was once home to a private, six‐hole golf course, which is highlighted in a special exhibition this summer. Children will visit the new exhibition Diamonds in the Rough: Golfing at Hill-Stead and then they’ll get to put with “hickory sticks” like the ones that were used in the early 1900’s. They will also play croquet, lawn tennis, board games and other fun pastimes that children enjoyed when Hill‐Stead was home to the Pope family.
Paintings, pastels, sculpture, prints and more adorn the walls at Hill‐Stead. Each day includes an exploration of the techniques and creativity needed to produce art in the style of Hill‐Stead’s collections. In addition to daily projects, each child will use oil pastels to create an Impressionist‐style work of art over the course of the week.
- $200 members; $250 nonmembers. Not a member? Join Now.
- An early drop‐off at 8:30 a.m. is available for an additional $10 per day.
- Space is limited and registrations are processed on a first come, first confirmed basis, so register today!
- Cancellations with at least 48 hours notice will receive a refund.
- Museum staff reserves the right to cancel classes for insufficient enrollment. You will be notified at least three working days in advance if I program is canceled.
- Please contact Erin Cunliffe in the Education Department with any questions (email@example.com or 860.677.4787 x140).
- For additional sessions, see Vacation Workshops.