Perfect for the holidays!
Enjoy the crisp fall air as you meander Hill-Stead’s meadows and wooded trails, collecting goldenrod, purple loosestrife, evergreen fronds, and berries. Then, tables will be available outside, and you can create a seasonal wreath of your design. Expert volunteers provide wreath forms, materials, and user-friendly instructions to get you started. Participants of all ages, individually or working as a group, can create unique wreaths. Bring garden clippers and wear gloves, outdoor clothing, and comfortable walking boots.
This event marks the only time of the year the public may forage from Hill-Stead’s grounds. Registration is 30 participants per session.
- Choose from two Sessions: 11 am–1 pm & 1–3 pm
- Space in each session is limited to 30 participants
- Tickets must be purchased in advance
Members | $15
Non-members | $20
No tickets will be sold at the door. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Purchase now
Social distancing regulations will be in effect
All ticket holders who attend an outdoor event at Hill-Stead, beginning June 20, must adhere to the following Visitation Protocols at all times while onsite. If a ticketholder does not wish to adhere to these Visitation Protocols, that ticketholder should not attend the event and should contact Megan Olver
PRIOR to the event for assistance in obtaining a refund.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is Hill-Stead Museum’s number one priority. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed below.
- Guests are advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines and moving around the property.
- Children must stay with adults at all times and a minimum of six feet distance must be maintained between all other non-family members.
- Face masks should be worn by all visitors six years of age and above.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at entrances and high contact areas.
- A first aid station will be accessible.
Hill-Stead employees have already pre-marked spaces on the lawn for your group. Upon arrival, guests will be escorted to a pre-marked space on the west lawn by an employee wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
For further details on visitation protocols governing Hill-Stead’s event series, including a map of our West Lawn event space layout, please click here.
We are closely monitoring government policy changes, Center for Disease Control (CDC) guideline, government mandates, and public health advancement, and will continue to make changes, as necessary or appropriate, to our protocols and procedures.
« All Events