What is included in the rental fee?
The fee is based on a six-hour event and includes use of the museum’s grounds, ample well-lit parking, a bridal suite where the wedding party can get ready and keep their personal belongings for the duration of the event. Hill-Stead also provides a Security Guard and an Event Supervisor to ensure your event runs smoothly. We only allow one wedding per weekend, giving our couples the option to have a rehearsal the day before. Since we are a non-profit, there are no taxes added to the fee.
Does the rental include a tent?
No. Tents and furniture can be rented with the help of Hill-Stead’s Approved Vendors.
Do we need insurance?
Yes. Clients are required to obtain a special events insurance policy, naming Hill-Stead Museum as an additional insured, in the amount of $1,000,000.
Does Hill-Stead have an Approved Vendor List?
Yes. Although you are not limited to using vendors on this list, our vendors have the highest standards and have worked at Hill-Stead numerous times. See Approved Vendors
What is Hill-Stead’s alcoholic beverage policy?
At no time may a bar be “self-serve.” Alcohol must be purchased through the contracted caterer or bartending service. Caterers, Bartending service, and host must provide for liquor liability coverage.
When are weddings scheduled?
Outdoor wedding season commences in May and ends in October. Events in the Makeshift Theater or Pope Board Room can be scheduled year-round.
Hill-Stead is open to the public until 4 pm. Weddings can start at 4:30 pm and music must end by 10:30 pm sharp, in consideration of our neighbors.
Are there any additional fees?
Events over 150 people require the rental of portable restrooms. Providers can be found with the help of Hill-Stead’s Approved Vendor list.
The Town of Farmington requires that all tented events be attended by the Fire Department. The Fire Watch fee is $700 and cannot be avoided.
- For more information, please contact Marcy Noiseux (860-677-4787 ext. 134, or firstname.lastname@example.org) or see Wedding Guidelines & Frequently Asked Questions
- For fees, see Wedding Rates
- For a list of vendors, see Approved Vendors
- Photographs of past events hosted at Hill-Stead can be seen on Instagram at Hill-Stead Weddings, and on Hillstead’s Wedding Wire and Here Comes the Guide listings
- Testimonials from couples who were married at Hill-Stead can be found here