June 17 – November 4
Explore the game of golf as it was played at the turn of the 20th century and enjoyed by the Pope family. View vintage golf equipment, artifacts, clothing and art on loan from the United States Golf Association Museum, Connecticut Historical Society, Fairfield Museum & History Center and a private collector. An audio component will present a first-person account of golf through the eyes of Alfred Pope, drawn from archival documents. Outdoors, view a recreation of a period tee.
Exhibition Tour Information
Purchase Tickets for OCTOBER/NOVEMBER Tours
Special exhibition tours of this exhibition are offered Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 11:15 am, 12:15 pm & 1:15 pm. Regular house tours are offered Tuesday through Sunday year-round. Tickets for special exhibition tours and regular house tours can be purchased separately or at a discounted combo price.
- Tours offered Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 11:15 am, 12:15 pm & 1:15 pm.
- Each tour can accommodate up to 12 people.
- Advanced tickets are required to guarantee a spot on each tour.
- Walk-ins will be welcomed based on availability.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled tour.
- Visitors who purchase a combo ticket can choose to do both tours on a single day, or return for the second type of tour on a later date.
- Please note: Closed-toe shoes are required to visit the re-creation of Hill-Stead’s first tee due to possible poison ivy, which is commonly present in preserved natural landscapes such as ours.
Museum Members | Free
Let’s Go Arts Members | 2-for-1 admission
Exhibition Tickets | Adults, $16; Seniors, $14; Students, $12; Children 6 to 12, $8; Children under 6, free
Exhibition + House Tickets | Adults, $27; Seniors, $22; Students, $20; Children 6 to 12, $12
Not a Member?
Join us for the Exhibition Opening at 6 pm, directly following Hill-Stead’s Annual Meeting at 5 pm.
Museum Members | Free
July 19 & September 7, 6 to 8 pm
Period cocktails on the putting greens
Museum Members | $10
Let’s GO Arts Members | $10
Non-members | $15
September 27, 5 to 7 pm
Experts on golfing history and a professional player will convene at HIll-Stead for a lively discussion.