Amid the many challenges of 2020, we are immensely grateful for having a community like no other. As we look towards a better tomorrow, we appreciate your support in these final weeks of the year. Your contributions to the Annual Fund will continue to bring vibrant arts and educational programming to life at our treasured Hill-Stead, enriching the lives of future generations.
If you haven’t done so already, the opportunity to make a cash contribution in 2020 is not-to-be-missed! Your gift will have a greater impact for both you and Hill-Stead as the CARES Act’s time-limited tax provisions come to a close in 2020.
Here are some of the tax-efficient strategies for your consideration:*
- For 2020 Only, the Limitation on Cash Gifts to Public Charities Is Eliminated.
- Establish a Charitable Gift Annuity.
- More Flexibility in Charitable Giving Using IRAs.
- Establish a “stretch IRA.”
- Non-itemizers Eligible for $300 Charitable Deduction.
Additional Tax-Efficient Giving Options
- Donor-advised funds (DAF): a philanthropic giving vehicle that provides an immediate tax benefit to you and allows you to grant funds to Hill-Stead. Give through your donor-advised fund to maximize your impact.
- Stocks or Securities: Make a gift of stock or securities to support Hill-Stead and avoid capital gains tax on your stock’s appreciation.
Learn more about these giving options here. Please note that cash gifts include money, checks mailed by the end of 2020, and credit card donations.
However you decide to make your year-end contribution, we thank you. Every gift propels Hill-Stead forward to becoming a world-class cultural center in 2021.
Manager of Membership & Annual Fund
*The above information is not intended as legal or financial advice. Please consult professional advisers to discuss your specific situation.