After temporarily closing our Museum doors, Hill-Stead will be gradually reopening. The Museum will be open for private tours by appointment only beginning July 2. Schedule a Private Tour
Through it all, we have honored our commitment, keeping our gorgeous grounds open for all—an oasis in a turbulent time.
We invite you to attend From the Porch, Hill-Stead’s inaugural multicultural outdoor performing arts series, featuring music, dance, theater, and more.
Before You Visit
Our first priority is the health and safety of our visitors, staff, volunteers, and neighbors. Before you visit, please learn how to make your visit a safe and enjoyable one.
All ticket holders who attend an outdoor event at Hill-Stead, beginning June 20, must adhere to the following Visitation Protocols at all times while onsite. If a ticketholder does not wish to adhere to these Visitation Protocols, that ticketholder should not attend the event and should contact Jennifer Mooney PRIOR to the event for assistance in obtaining a refund.
The health and safety of our guests and employees is Hill-Stead Museum’s number one priority. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In the interest of your personal safety and community health, please observe all the precautions listed below.
- Guests are advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least 6 feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines and moving around the property.
- Children must stay with adults at all times and a minimum of six feet distance must be maintained between all other non-family members.
- Face masks should be worn by all visitors six years of age and above.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed at entrances and high contact areas.
- A first aid station will be accessible.
Hill-Stead employees have already pre-marked spaces on the lawn for your group. Upon arrival, guests will be escorted to a pre-marked space on the west lawn by an employee wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
For further details on visitation protocols governing Hill-Stead’s summer event series, including a map of our West Lawn event space layout, please click here.
We are closely monitoring government policy changes, Center for Disease Control (CDC) guideline, government mandates, and public health advancement, and will continue to make changes, as necessary or appropriate, to our protocols and procedures.