Why your support makes a difference

Donate Now
Hill-Stead Museum is an educational and charitable trust, charged with making an exceptional house and art collection accessible to the public in perpetuity. Each year, we welcome over 30,000 visitors onto our property for tours of the historic house and art collection, school tours for students from kindergarten to college, musical performances, lectures, workshops, hands-on children’s activities, and family festivals. Participants in educational programming at Hill-Stead Museum engage with art, architecture, history, music, poetry, gardens, and nature.

While generous in its time, Hill-Stead’s endowment currently underwrites just over 10% of our annual operating needs. The remaining 90% must be raised each and every year. Hill-Stead Museum receives support from federal and state agencies, corporations, foundations and organizations, as well as individual donors and members.  This funding plays a critical role in helping the museum to continue its work and to further its mission.

We hope you will consider giving to the museum by joining or renewing your membership, sponsoring a program or event, or making a charitable gift.

Hill-Stead Museum is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization.

View Hill-Stead’s