Museum Members and LGA Members are FREE!
- Tours of the special exhibition, From Page to Stage, will be offered each week on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11:15 am, 12:15 pm and 1:15 pm; or by special appointment.
- Each costume tour can accommodate up to 12 people.
- Advanced tickets are required to guarantee a spot on each tour. Walk-ins will be welcomed based on availability.
- Please arrive 10 Minutes prior to the start of your scheduled tour.
- Tickets for costume-focused tours and our regular house tours, Highlights of Hill-Stead, can be purchased separately or at a discounted combo price. Visitors who purchase a combo ticket can choose to do both tours on a single day, or return for the second type of tour on a later date. Hill-Stead Highlights tours are offered Tuesday through Sunday year-round. Learn about our tours.
- ALL TOURS ARE FREE TO MEMBERS! Not yet a Member? Join Now
On view through January 1, 2018
This special exhibition of Broadway costumes throughout the historic house is on view from September 21 through January 1, 2018. It honors the Pope Family’s enjoyment of literature, poetry and live performances, particularly theater and opera.
The time period of the shows featured mirror the years 1901 to 1946 when the Pope family resided in Farmington and features vignettes of costumes with accessories and archival ephemera. View magnificent costumes from shows such as Showboat, Anything Goes, Pirates of Penzance, Carousel, and Kiss Me, Kate, as well as lesser-known productions. Original theater programs on loan from the American Musical Theater Collection at Yale University Library and period sound recordings will add an extra dimension to this unique experience throughout the museum.
September 29, October 17, November 3
As part of this costume exhibition, Hill-Stead Museum presents a three-part musical series featuring live performances of Broadway hits during the years the Pope family resided at Hill-Stead.