Weekdays from 8 am to 4 pm
Experience bold, innovative, and engaging visual, performing arts, and STEAM
Hill-Stead Museum and Farmington Continuation Education join together to offer a unique summer camp experience for students in grades 2 through 9
At the Hill-Stead Museum, students will become aware of the diverse cultural interpretations of natural and landscape subjects, botanical drawing, and an understanding of the pollinator garden, landscape painting, and architectural drawing, as well as theater and movement. At Farmington High School, students will engage in activities such as dance, African drumming, digital design, stop-animation, wearable art, drawing, painting, sculpture, and puppetry. Students will enjoy a field trip to the New Britain Museum of American Art to observe contemporary art.
- For students in grades 2 through 9.
- The program will be held at the Hill-Stead Museum and Farmington High School and midday transportation is included.
- Students should bring a water bottle.
- Lunch and two snacks will be provided.
- Busing will be available to and from Vance School in New Britain, Linden Street School in Plainville, and Rawson Elementary in Hartford each day.
This program is possible through the Summer Innovation Enrichment Grant received through the State of Connecticut Department of Education.