Beginning November 1, Hill-Stead will offer exclusive private tours for small groups
Enjoy this unique opportunity to intimately experience the Museum’s collections. This rare opportunity to go behind the scenes provides an in-depth look at the collection with detailed & authentic family and artist stories. With full access to all period rooms, this two-hour exclusive experience offers exceptional value.
In most instances, tours will be led by Hill-Stead’s Senior Curator.
To arrange for a tour, please contact Hill-Stead Museum’s Senior Curator, Melanie Bourbeau (email@example.com or 860-677-4787, ext. 122) to discuss date options.
All guests | $45 per person
Please check back for reservation information
- Reservations should be made a minimum of two weeks in advance of visit and advance payment is required.
- Tours are up to two hours in duration and available on a mutually agreed-upon date.
- Tours can accommodate a maximum of six visitors and will only be given if all participants in the group wear face masks and comply with social distancing mandates in regard to Museum staff and other onsite visitors
- Tours may be canceled with a refund at the Museum’s discretion.
- Before your visit, please review our reopening plan.
Whenever I visit, I am amazed anew at our good fortune in having such a jewel right here in the Connecticut River Valley. I was reminded this time of visiting…the rather small building on the campus of the Shelburne Museum in Vermont that on the interior is a reproduction of the Havemeyer’s New York apartment, filled with gorgeous Impressionist works from their collection. The paintings there are magnificent, but the fact that the Hill-Stead is actually where the family had dinners and welcomed guests and sat in the library reading on a chilly afternoon makes it very special indeed.June 12, 2021