Hill-Stead Museum Tours
- Visits to the Pope-Riddle house at Hill-Stead Museum are by Guided Tours only, except on First Sundays for Families held on the first Sunday of every month and certain other designated Tour at Your Leisure Days.
- Advance reservations are not required for daily tours.
- Group Tours of 10 or more require advance registration. Please contact the Education Department (860-677-4787 ext. 140 or email@example.com.)
- Skype Tours are also available during museum weekday hours. Advance registration required. Please contact the Education Department (860-677-4787 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Highlights of Hill-Stead – Daily Walk-in Tours
55-minute guided tour of the museum—Tuesday through Sunday between 10 am and 4 pm, on the hour and half-hour, with the last tour at 3 pm. No advanced purchase required.
55-minute guided tour of the museum—Tuesday through Sunday between 10 am and 4 pm, on the hour and half-hour, with the last tour at 3 pm.
Group tours require advance registration. Please register below or contact the Education Department (860-677-4787 ext. 140 or email@example.com.) For student and youth group tours, please see School Tours.
Highlights of Hill-Stead (10 or more people):
One-hour guided tour of the museum, perfect for groups with time constraints or multiple destinations. Reservations are required.
Holiday Tea & Tour (10 or more people)
View Hill-Stead festively decorated for the holidays then adjourn to the Pope Board Room for a cup of tea and cookies. Reservations are required.
1½- to 2-hour private group tour of the house, gardens and ground. Great for garden and architecture enthusiasts. Reservations are required.
1½- to 2-hour private “white-glove” tour of the museum for up to four people. Gold Tour guests receive special attention and view more objects and rooms than available during daily tours. Get a glimpse inside cabinets, go behind ropes, and much more. Reservations are required.
- Tours must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- These tours are offered between 10:30 am and 2 pm, and are subject to availability
- For more information, or to reserve a tour, contact the Education Department (860-677-4787 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.).
NEW Hill-Stead Museum & Stanley-Whitman House combo-tour package — TWO for the price of ONE!
1-hour guided tour at each museum for adult visitors seeking an afternoon of learning and enjoyment in Farmington—Tuesday to Friday between 10 am to 3 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays between 12 and 3 pm.
Adults | $15 per person (minimum of 10 people)
- Add-on lunch options are available. See Details.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve (check, credit card or cash).
- Museum memberships, passes and discounts may not be used towards this special offer.
- To reserve, contact Andy Verzoza, Executive Director of the Stanley-Whitman House (860.677.9222 ext. 305, email@example.com), or Gabrielle Gaulin, Education Associate (860-677-4787 ext. 140 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hill-Stead welcomes groups of 10 or more people but requires advance reservation and a non-refundable deposit. Please reserve at least two to four weeks in advance of your visit.
Other discounts do not apply to group tours, i.e., AAA discount, library passes or coupons.
Allow ample time. General museum tours are one hour. We suggest giving your group at least two hours at Hill-Stead, so that in addition to the guided tour, individuals may see the 12-minute orientation video, explore the grounds and gardens and visit the museum shop and restrooms.
The first floor of the historic house is accessible. The Sunken Garden, restrooms, and Makeshift Theater are all accessible. Designated parking is available.
Free on-site bus and car parking, reserved handicapped spaces, museum shop, and restrooms.
Buses should use the Farmington Avenue gate. Please note that GPS will route you to the car entrance. Group reservations are required in advance. Download Bus Directions (PDF)