All weddings are required to hire a full-service caterer. The caterers on our exclusive caterers list have worked at the Hill-Stead and have received outstanding reviews from their clients. Hill-Stead requires a certificate of insurance for all caterers 30 days prior to the event.
We strongly encourage you to hire a wedding coordinator for your wedding. We have found that it is the best way to ensure the smoothest possible event. We can offer a list of recommended professionals to you.
A list of your vendors, including their contact information must be submitted to Hill-Stead at least two weeks prior to the event. Upon arrival that day, all vendors need to check in with Hill-Stead staff.
A one-hour rehearsal the day before your wedding is included in your rental package. The timing of your rehearsal must be agreed upon before signing the event contract. If you are interested in having your rehearsal dinner at Hill-Stead, this can be arranged for an additional fee.
There is one bridal suite for the party to use beginning at 2 pm on the day of your event.
Weddings can begin at 4:30 pm and must conclude by 10:30 pm.
Guest Arrival & Departure
Please bear in mind that our museum is open to the public until 4:00 pm. Your guests should not arrive any earlier than 4:00 pm and should leave no later than 11:00 pm.
Sunken Garden Ceremony
Vendors are permitted to begin setting up at 2:00 pm.
- For more information, please contact Karen Hudkins (860-677-4787 ext. 134, or email@example.com) or see Wedding Guidelines & Frequently Asked Questions
- For fees, see Wedding Rates
- For a list of vendors, see Approved Vendors
- Photographs of past events hosted at Hill-Stead can be seen in our Wedding Gallery, on Instagram at Hill-Stead Weddings, and on Hillstead’s Wedding Wire and Here Comes the Guide listings
- Testimonials from couples who were married at Hill-Stead can be found here