Hill-Stead can accommodate:
- Up to 100 guests in our indoor venues.
- 350+ guests in our outdoor spaces.
- Fees range from $3,500 to $7,000 for the event site. For details, see our Wedding Rate Sheet or our Meeting & Event Rate Sheet.
West Lawn & Veranda
With vistas of the Litchfield Hills and nearby views of the estate’s farm buildings, meadows and pond, this area can accommodate large gatherings and is suitable for an open-air or tented event of any size. A Mount Vernon-style veranda at the front façade complements this expansive space.
This grassy glen, nestled within historic stone walls, was the site of the estate’s grass tennis court and has views of the historic home and veranda. This venue is perfect for your tented event of up to 200.
Surrounded by rustic stone walls, this historic perennial garden’s ever-changing colors reflect the palette of the estate’s Impressionist paintings. A summer house at the center is a focal point, accented by brick paths radiating out among the many flower beds. This venue accommodates up to 200 for an open-air event.
Pope Board Room
This airy Arts and Crafts-style wood-paneled room in the Carriage Barn provides a rustic setting for events up to 120. The room is climate controlled for year-round use.
- Hill-Stead’s Events Information Booklet
- Our Preferred Providers.
- See photographs of past events hosted at Hill-Stead on Instagram at Hill-Stead Weddings and Hill-Stead Events.
- Our listing on the Wedding Wire.
- For additional questions, contact Jennifer Mooney, Manager of Private Events & Corporate Functions (860-677-4787 ext. 134, or firstname.lastname@example.org).