Hill-Stead can accommodate:
- Up to 100 guests in our indoor venues.
- 350+ guests in our outdoor spaces.
- Fees range from $3,500 to $7,000 for the event site. For details, see our Wedding Rate Sheet or our Meeting & Event Rate Sheet.
West Lawn & Veranda
A superb setting with vistas of the Litchfield Hills and nearby views of the estate’s farm buildings, meadows and pond, this area can accommodate large gatherings and is suitable for a tent. A Mount Vernon-style veranda at the front façade complements this expansive space.
- Capacity: 200+ for dinner seating, 200+ standing.
- Maximum tent size 60’ x 150’.
- Electrical service is close by and allows for convenient catering.
Once the Pope family’s grass tennis court, this site is situated across the entry drive from the Sunken Garden and adjacent to the West Lawn. Accented by handcrafted stone walls on two sides, the Grass Court offers views of the 1901 Colonial Revival home, with its Mount Vernon-style veranda.
- Capacity: 200 for a seated reception, 200 standing.
- Maximum tent size 60’ x 100’.
- Electrical and water connections accommodate caterers and other vendors.
Pope Board Room
Host your small gathering in this tastefully-decorated room adjacent to the museum’s historic house. A connecting stone porch can be used for cocktails. The Pope Board Room also serves as a bride’s dressing room with private restroom.
- Capacity: 24 for dinner seating, 50 standing reception (including use of porch), 30 lecture-style seating.
This magical, Beatrix Farrand-designed one-acre perennial sunken garden blooms from early spring through autumn. Set in a natural depression and surrounded by rustic stone walls, the garden’s ever-changing colors reflect the palette of Hill-Stead’s collection of Impressionist paintings. A summer house at the center is a focal point, accented by brick pathways radiating out among 36 flower beds.
- Capacity: 200 standing reception.
- Tents are not allowed in the Sunken Garden.
This airy Arts and Crafts-style wood-paneled room in the Carriage Barn provides a rustic setting for many occasions. The room is completely heated and air-conditioned for year-round use.
- Capacity: 80 for dinner seating, 100 standing reception, 125 lecture-style seating.
- Hill-Stead’s Events Information Booklet
- Our Preferred Providers.
- See photographs of past events hosted at Hill-Stead on Instagram at Hill-Stead Weddings and Hill-Stead Events.
- Our listing on the Wedding Wire.
- For additional questions, contact Jennifer Mooney, Manager of Private Events & Corporate Functions (860-677-4787 ext. 134, or email@example.com).