THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED
An Interactive Celebration (and Demonstration) of All Things Fiber!
While our sheep are being shorn, Hill-Stead Museum will welcome fiber artists and vendors demonstrating Skirting, Carding, Spinning, Weaving, Knitting, Crocheting, Felting and more. There will be free hayrides to and from the barns, food vendors, and storytellers.
- Peggy Hart—the author of Wool: Unraveling a Story of American Artisans will be speaking on wool’s colorful and surprisingly epic history in America.
- Hartford storyteller Liz Gruber will be weaving tales of fiber.
Learn what it takes to create something “from sheep to shawl.”
It’s a celebration—Join us!
11:30 am Story Telling by Liz Gruber, Education Station
1 pm Story Telling by Liz Gruber, Education Station
1:30 pm Peggy Hart lecture, Board Room
2 pm Story Telling by Liz Gruber, Education Station
$20 per carload
- Clatter Ridge Farm https://www.clatterridgefarm.com
- Yankee Clippers Shearing, Colin Siegmund and Siri Swanson
- Photographer Lisa Nichols, of Bread and Beast Photography BreadBeastPhotography.com\
- Baahboots https://www.baahboots.com/
- JMR Studio Yarns https://www.jmrstudio.net/about
- Lavender Creek Farm
- Knit and Pearls https://www.knitandpearls.com/
- Peggy Hart, author
- Ashford Heights Farm, https://ashfordheightsfarm.com/
- K & H Leatherworks, https://khleatherworks.com/
- Stephen Willette, fiber tool maker https://www.stephenwillette.com/
- Margo Lynn, string stuff https://www.facebook.com/groups/1549179678461373/
- Olympia Farm http://www.olympiafarm.net/
- Owl Ridge Fibers, https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Art/Owl-Ridge-Fibers-112735380167413/
- Lyric Hill Farm, https://www.lyrichillfarm.com/
- Relic Brewery, http://www.relicbeer.com/
- Craft Bird, http://www.craftbirdfoodtruck.com/
- Fido’s Fiber, https://www.facebook.com/fidosfiber/
- Kate Emery, artist- https://www.kateemery.com/
- Madam Gateuax, http://www.madamegateaux.com/