Visit Hill-Stead Museum as part of a Connecticut’s Historic Gardens Day, a special statewide celebration of Connecticut’s stunning historic gardens.
- Walking tours of the Sunken Garden led by Lea Anne Moran, Hill-Stead’s Garden Manager, at 1 pm, 2 pm & 3 pm.
- Guides in the Sunken Garden to answer questions.
- View plein-air artists from the Wethersfield Academy of the Arts as they paint in the garden and on the grounds of the museum.
- Fresh Voices Poetry Competition winner Sophie Smanner will play the ukulele in the garden at 2 pm.
- Special art and poetry activities for kids in the Education Station
- Visit the Museum Shop to see a special display of honey and bee-related items.
- Enjoy refreshments and light snacks in the Sunken Garden.
- From 1 to 4 pm, visitors can tour the museum at their leisure.
- Round out your visit at Hill-Stead’s Tea Room located in the Stone Garage.
Free with Museum membership or admission.
Historic Garden’s Day is organized by Connecticut Historic Gardens. For a list of all gardens hosting activities, visit Connecticut’s Historic Gardens.