Hill-Stead Museum is thrilled to announce the 2015 line up for its renowned and highly-anticipated Sunken Garden Poetry Festival:
- Wednesday, June 24 – Ted Kooser, United States Poet Laureate (2004-2006) and Pulitzer Prize-winning poet
- Sunday, July 12 – Marie Howe, 2012-2014 Poet Laureate of New York State
- Wednesday, July 22 – Vijay Seshadri, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet
- Sunday, August 9 – Li-Young Lee & Tina Chang
- Wednesday, August 19 – CT Young Poet’s Day – Natalie Diaz & Aja Monet
- Wednesday: Gates open at 4:30 pm; prelude conversation with headlining poet at 5 pm; opening poet at 6:00 pm; music begins at 6:30 pm; headlining poet begins at 7:15 pm
- Sunday: Gates open at 2:30 pm; prelude conversation with headlining poet at 3 pm; opening poet at 4:00 pm; music begins at 4:30 pm; headlining poet begins at 5:15 pm
$12 advanced on-line purchase, $15 at the gate, ages 18 and under free. Parking is free.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating in and around the garden, or join Hill-Stead’s Live Poets Society to receive premier reserved seating. To join Live Poets Society, contact Kirsten Fuchs at 860-677-4787, x181, or visit www.hillstead.org.
Al fresco dining is allowed on the grounds. Festival attendees are welcome to bring their own picnic suppers or purchase food/beverages on site from gourmet food vendors.