Visits to the house are by guided tour only
- Hill-Stead Guides lead tours on the hour—the last tour begins 3 pm
- Tours offered on a first-come, first-serve; purchase tickets on arrival; no more than 16 people per tour
- We are temporarily pausing our Exclusive Private Tours; updates will be posted on the website later in the spring.
- Hill-Stead’s gorgeous grounds and garden open free to the public daily from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Hill-Stead is now open for both in-person and online field trips BOOK NOW
- Please review Hill-Stead’s extensive safety measures to keep its visitors safe via the reopening plan
To keep our museum accessible to all, Hill-Stead participates in the Blue Star Museums, Museums for All, AAA and Connecticut Art Trail programs.
Members | FREE
Adults | $18
AAA & Seniors (62+) | $16
Students | $12
Children 6-12 | $10
Children under 6 | FREE
Museum Members are always FREE!
Not a Member? JOIN NOW
Special Admission Programs
As a Blue Star Museum, Hill-Stead offers active-duty military families FREE admission from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense and museums across America.
Hill-Stead is a part of the Museums for All program and offers FREE admission for up to four people to with the presentation of a SNAP Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. Museums for All is a cooperative initiative between Association of Children’s Museums and Institute of Museum and Library Services to offer a program that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums regularly and build lifelong museum habits.
Hill-Stead is a member of the Connecticut Art Trail. Discover Connecticut’s artistic treasures with the Connecticut Art Trail Art Passport. The $25 Art Passport includes one admission to each of the 20 member museums per year. Explore diverse, quality collections rich in history and heritage, including European masterpieces, American Impressionism, ancient art and contemporary culture.
- There are no self-paced tours at this time
- There are no school group visits at this time
- Due to construction, we only have portable bathrooms available to the public onsite
- The Museum Shop is closed
The safety of staff and visitors is our highest priority.
To ensure a safe, inspiring experience for all, we’ve adopted new health and safety protocols. You’ll find everything you need to know about your next visit below.
Social distancing best practices are in place. All persons entering the building will be required to wear a face mask covering at all times.
- Always wear a facemask and make sure it fits over your nose and mouth
- Practice safe social distancing. Please keep six feet between yourself and others (outside your party)
- Please wash/sanitize your hands at our sanitizing stations
- A limited number of visitors will be permitted at one time
- A one-way flow of traffic will be required in the House
- Contactless payment is available and encouraged
- Please let us know if you or another member of your party have traveled outside of Connecticut in the past 14 days or experiencing fever, chills, cough, or any other symptoms