- The 1901 Pope Riddle house and its period rooms are open for guided tours only.
- Guided tours of the Pope Riddle House are offered Thursday through Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm with the last tour at 3 pm; beginning May 19, Hill-Stead will again be open for tours on Wednesdays. Tickets may be purchased at the museum.
- Hill-Stead also offers Exclusive Private Tours on select Saturdays.
- Hill-Stead’s grounds are open to the public daily from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. Dogs are welcome at Hill-Stead. Please note: They must wear a leash and stay under their owner’s control at all times.
- To keep our Museum accessible to all, Hill-Stead Museum offers AAA, Blue Star Museums, Museums for All, and Connecticut Art Trail Benefits.
- Museum members are always free Not a member? Join now.
- Hill-Stead welcomes groups of 10 or more with advance reservation. For more information, see Group Tours.
- Hill-Stead now offers both in-person and online field trips BOOK NOW
- Please review our reopening plan
To keep our museum accessible to all, Hill-Stead participates in the Blue Star Museums, Museums for All, AAA and Connecticut Art Trail programs.
Members | FREE
Adults | $18
AAA & Seniors (62+) | $16
Students | $12
Children 6-12 | $10
Children under 6 | FREE
Museum Members are always FREE!
Not a Member? JOIN NOW
Special Admission Programs
As a Blue Star Museum, Hill-Stead offers active-duty military families FREE admission from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense and museums across America.
Hill-Stead is a part of the Museums for All program and offers FREE admission for up to four people to with the presentation of a SNAP Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. Museums for All is a cooperative initiative between Association of Children’s Museums and Institute of Museum and Library Services to offer a program that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums regularly and build lifelong museum habits.
Hill-Stead is a member of the Connecticut Art Trail. Discover Connecticut’s artistic treasures with the Connecticut Art Trail Art Passport. The $25 Art Passport includes one admission to each of the 20 member museums per year. Explore diverse, quality collections rich in history and heritage, including European masterpieces, American Impressionism, ancient art and contemporary culture.
- There are no self-paced tours at this time
- There are no school group visits at this time
- Due to construction, we only have portable bathrooms available to the public onsite
- The Museum Shop is closed
The safety of staff and visitors is our highest priority.
To ensure a safe, inspiring experience for all, we’ve adopted new health and safety protocols. You’ll find everything you need to know about your next visit below.
Social distancing best practices are in place. All persons entering the building will be required to wear a face mask covering at all times.
- Always wear a facemask and make sure it fits over your nose and mouth
- Practice safe social distancing. Please keep six feet between yourself and others (outside your party)
- Please wash/sanitize your hands at our sanitizing stations
- A limited number of visitors will be permitted at one time
- A one-way flow of traffic will be required in the House
- Contactless payment is available and encouraged
- Please let us know if you or another member of your party have traveled outside of Connecticut in the past 14 days or experiencing fever, chills, cough, or any other symptoms
Daily House Tours are available Thursday through Sunday. Hill-Stead also offers Exclusive Private Tours on select Saturdays. beginning May 19, Hill-Stead will again be open for tours on Wednesdays. Our grounds are open every day and leashed dogs are welcome. Our Museum Shop is closed at this time.
Take a sneak peek at our transformative renovation project!